Saturday, August 29, 2009

Late summer

The summer 2009 is about to be over. This morning, I went float-tube fishing in a couple of farm ponds near our place. It was cloudy, and I expected good fishing, but fish were very slow. I caught the first bass (about 30 cm) with a Heddon Zaragossa Jr. in MF color.


In another pond, it started to rain little by little, and this nice bass (45cm, 1.2-1.3kg) suddenly attacked my lure. She was very fat and a good fighter.

I believe wooden lures are better than plastic ones in the float-tube fishing. It is presumably because of the position of rod tip, which is often just above the water, and because of the short length of the rods I use. Wooden lures have generally larger specific gravity and easy to dive into wate under such conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment